Focus and Scope
JITV (Jurnal Ilmu ternak dan Veteriner) or Indonesian Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences (IJAVS) aims to publish original research results on tropical animals such as cattle, buffaloes, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, poultry, as well as non domesticated Indonesian endemic animals, such as deers, anoa, babirusa, etc.
Indonesian Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences . The journal will consider primary research papers from any source if they make an original contribution to the experimental or theoretical understanding and application of theories and methodologies of some aspects of animal science and veterinary including:
- Animal Breeding & Genetic
- Animal feed and nutrition
- Animal Physiology and Reproduction
- Veterinary Science
- Veterinary medicine
- Animal Husbandry
The research focus is mainly on the Indonesian issues in the fields of animal and veterinary sciences, however, since we have used an open journal system (OJS) that globally use, this opens opportunities for leading researchers from around the world to submit and publish their scientific papers in this journal.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
The suitability of manuscripts for publication in Indonesian Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences (IJAVS) is judged by peer reviewers and editorial board. All the review process are conducted in double blind review. Chief Editor handles all correspondence with the author and makes the final decision as to whether the paper is recommended for acceptance, rejection, or needs to be returned to the author for revision.
Chief Editor and Section Editors will evaluate the submitted papers on praqualification step for suitability of further review process. The manuscripts will be evaluated by two or three qualified peer reviewers selected by Chief Editor and Section Editors. The peer reviewers should examine the manuscript and return it with their recommendation to the Chief Editor or Section Editors as soon as possible, usually within 3 weeks. If one of peer reviewers recommend rejection, the Chief Editor will ask a third reviewer or Section Editors to decide the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
Papers needing revision will be returned to the authors, and the author must return the revised manuscript to the Chief Editor via OJS of Indonesian Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences. Chief Editor send the revised manuscript to Section Editors to check whether the manuscript is revised as suggested by peer reviewers. Sections Editors could give recommendation to Chief Editor that the manuscript should return to authors, accept, or reject within 2 weeks. After acceptance by Section Editors, manuscript is forwarded to technical editor to be layout for editorial board meeting. Chief Editor would send an acceptance letter announcing the publication issue attached with manuscript reprint to authors.
There are three steps of revision process by authors: 1) revision manuscript to accomodate peer reviewer suggestions within 2-4 weeks; 2) revision to accomodate Section Editors suggestions within 2-4 weeks (if any); and 3) revision to accomodate editorial meeting suggestions within 1 weeks (if any). Manuscripts that exceed the revision deadline will be withdrawn. Authors may request for extension to Chief Editor before the revision expires. The time interval from the date the manuscript is submitted to the acceptance for publication varies, depending on the time required for review and revision.
Manuscripts are rejected usually for 3 general reasons: 1) The topic of manuscript does not fit in the journal scope and may be better suited for publication elsewhere. 2) The substance of the manuscripts does not meet IJAVS standards; the data may be incomplete; the methodology used is not appropriate; lack of novelties and no advancement of the existing knowledge; or there are no consistency among objectives, research design/method, evidence, and conclusion. 3) Manuscript are not written following Indonesian Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences guidelines in Intruction to Authors. These manuscripts may be rejected without review process. Manuscripts could also be rejected in the review process if Authors do not revise the manuscripts as suggested by reviewers and editorial board, also do not give response/rebuttal against the suggestions.
If manuscript is rejected, the author will be notified by Chief Editor with a statement of reasons for rejection. The author may appeal to Chief Editor if he or she believes an unfair judgement has been made which enclose the author’s reasons. Chief Editor will review and discuss the reasons with Section Editors responsible for the manuscript, and later decide whether to accept or deny the appeal.
The author(s) will receive the final version of the manuscript as a PDF file. PROOF of all manuscripts will be provided to the corresponding author. The PROOF should be read carefully, checked against the typed manuscript, and the corrections may be returned within 3 days. Authors submitting manuscripts should understand and agree that copyright of manuscripts published are held by Indonesian Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences. The statement to release the copyright to Indonesian Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences is stated in Form A. Copyright encompass exclusive rights to reproduce, to distribute, and to sell any part of the journal articles in all form and media. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media will be allowed only with a written permission from Indonesian Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences.
Open Access Policy
Indonesian Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences (IJAVS) provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. All accepted articles will be published freely and available to all readers with worldwide visibility and coverage. Manuscript submission, review, editing, publishing, maintenance, archiving, and access will not be charge and is available FREE to the entire contents intact.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
How To Register
Author should register through the following address: https://medpub.litbang.pertanian.go.id/index.php/jitv/user/register
Author should fulfill the form, especially on the star mark. On the Confirmation Register section, please give your selection as author, reviewer, or both of them. After all the form was filled, click on "Register" to process the registration.
Please go to User Home and select your role as Author. In Active Submission, click on "Click here: to go to step one of the five-step submission process".
These are the five-step submission process:
- Step 1. Starting the Submission On the Journal Section, select the appropriate section of journal, i.e. Articles. Author has to check-mark on the submission checklists. Author is able to give brief information to Editor about the submitted manuscript on the Comment form. Please click on the "Save and continue" button to go to the further step.
- Step 2. Entering the Submission's Metadata.
Author should enter metadata of all authors engaged in the writing process. The information of manuscript title, abstract, and keywords must be filled in the textbox.
- Step 3. Uploading the Submission
To upload manuscript to this journal, author should click Browse to find the manuscript file on the hard drive. Choose the file and click Upload button. Once the submission is uploaded, click Save and Continue on the bottom of this page.
- Step 4. Uploading Supplementary Files
The supplementary file should be uploaded is form A, consisting of Statement of Originality and Copyright Release Form. Therefore, click on Browse button, choose the file, click on Upload button, and click on Save and Continue.
- Step 5. Confirming the Submission
Author has to check that all documents are complete. To submit the manuscript to JURNAL ILMU TERNAK DAN VETERINER, click Finish Submission button. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgement by email and will be able to view the submission's progress through the editorial process by logging in to the journal web address site.
Ethical Statement Form
Ethical Statement Form (Download)
Copyright Transfer Form
Copyright Transfer Form (Download)
Author(s) are free of charge for manuscript accepted for publication
IJAVS Word Template (Download)
IJAVS published 4 numbers per volume in one year every 3 months on March, Juny, September and December
Article Proccesing Charges
Every article submitted to IJAVS will not have any 'Article Processing Charges'. This includes submitting, peer-reviewing, editing, publishing, maintaining and archiving, and allows immediate access to the full text versions of the articles
Publication Ethic and Malpractice Statement
Duties of Authors
- Reporting Standards: Authors should present an accurate account of the original research performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Researchers should present their results honestly and without fabrication, falsification or inappropriate data manipulation. A manuscript should contain sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the work. Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements constitute unethical behavior and are unacceptable. Manuscripts should follow the submission guidelines of the journal.
- Originality and Plagiarism: Authors must ensure that they have written entirely original work. The manuscript should not be submitted concurrently to more than one publication unless the editors have agreed to co-publication. Relevant previous work and publications, both by other researchers and the authors’ own, should be properly acknowledged and referenced. The primary literature should be cited where possible. Original wording taken directly from publications by other researchers should appear in quotation marks with the appropriate citations.
- Multiple, Redundant, or Concurrent Publications: Author should not in general submit the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently. It is also expected that the author will not publish redundant manuscripts or manuscripts describing same research in more than one journal. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable. Multiple publications arising from a single research project should be clearly identified as such and the primary publication should be referenced
- Acknowledgement of Sources: Authors should acknowledge all sources of data used in the research and cite publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the reported work. Proper acknowledgment of the work of others must always be given.
- Authorship of the Paper: The authorship of research publications should accurately reflect individuals’ contributions to the work and its reporting. Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to conception, design, execution or interpretation of the reported study. Others who have made significant contribution must be listed as co-authors. In cases where major contributors are listed as authors while those who made less substantial, or purely technical, contributions to the research or to the publication are listed in an acknowledgement section. Authors also ensure that all the authors have seen and agreed to the submitted version of the manuscript and their inclusion of names as co-authors.
- Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest: All authors should clearly disclose in their manuscript any financial or other substantive conflict of interest that might be construed to influence the results or interpretation of their manuscript. All sources of financial support for the project should be disclosed.
- Fundamental Errors in Published Works: If the author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in the submitted manuscript, then the author should promptly notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
- Hazards and Human or Animal Subjects: The author should clearly identify in the manuscript if the work involves chemicals, procedures or equipment that have any unusual hazards inherent in their use.
Duties of Editor
- Publication Decisions: Based on the review report of the editorial board, the editor can accept, reject, or request modifications to the manuscript. The validation of the work in question and its importance to researchers and readers must always drive such decisions. The editors may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editors may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision. Editors have to take responsibility for everything they publish and should have procedures and policies in place to ensure the quality of the material they publish and maintain the integrity of the published record.
- Review of Manuscripts: Editor must ensure that each manuscript is initially evaluated by the editor for originality. The editor should organize and use peer review fairly and wisely. Editors should explain their peer review processes in the information for authors and also indicate which parts of the journal are peer reviewed. Editor should use appropriate peer reviewers for papers that are considered for publication by selecting people with sufficient expertise and avoiding those with conflicts of interest.
- Fair Play: The editor must ensure that each manuscript received by the journal is reviewed for its intellectual content without regard to sex, gender, race, religion, citizenship, etc. of the authors. An important part of the responsibility to make fair and unbiased decisions is the upholding of the principle of editorial independence and integrity. Editors are in a powerful position by making decisions on publications, which makes it very important that this process is as fair and unbiased as possible.
- Confidentiality: The editor must ensure that information regarding manuscripts submitted by the authors is kept confidential. Editors should critically assess any potential breaches of data protection and patient confidentiality. This includes requiring properly informed consent for the actual research presented, consent for publication where applicable.
- Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest: The editor of the Journal will not use unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript for his own research without written consent of the author. Editors should not be involved in decisions about papers in which they have a conflict of interest
Duties of Reviewers
- Confidentiality: Information regarding manuscripts submitted by authors should be kept confidential and be treated as privileged information. They must not be shown to or discussed with others except as authorized by the editor.
- Acknowledgement of Sources: Reviewers must ensure that authors have acknowledged all sources of data used in the research. Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by the relevant citation. The reviewers should notify the journal immediately if they come across any irregularities, have concerns about ethical aspects of the work, are aware of substantial similarity between the manuscript and a concurrent submission to another journal or a published article, or suspect that misconduct may have occurred during either the research or the writing and submission of the manuscript; reviewers should, however, keep their concerns confidential and not personally investigate further unless the journal asks for further information or advice.
- Standards of Objectivity: Review of submitted manuscripts must be done objectively and the reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments. The reviewers should follow journals’ instructions on the specific feedback that is required of them and, unless there are good reasons not to. The reviewers should be constructive in their reviews and provide feedback that will help the authors to improve their manuscript. The reviewer should make clear which suggested additional investigations are essential to support claims made in the manuscript under consideration and which will just strengthen or extend the work
- Disclosure and Conflict of Interest: Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage. Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers. In the case of double-blind review, if they suspect the identity of the author(s) notify the journal if this knowledge raises any potential conflict of interest.
- Promptness: The reviewers should respond in a reasonable time-frame. The reviewers only agree to review a manuscript if they are fairly confident they can return a review within the proposed or mutually agreed time-frame, informing the journal promptly if they require an extension. In the event that a reviewer feels it is not possible for him/her to complete review of manuscript within stipulated time then this information must be communicated to the editor, so that the manuscript could be sent to another reviewer.
Plagiarism screening will be conducted by IJAVS Editorial Board using Grammarly® Plagiarism Checker, Crossref Similarity Check plagiarism screening service powered by iThenticate and searching with Indonesia One Search, Google Scholar, etc
Every article submitted to IJAVS shall use reference management software Mendeley.
Copy Editing and Proofreading
Every article accepted by IJAVS shall be an object to Grammarly® writing-enhancement program conducted by IJAVS Journal Editorial Board.
IJAVS has been accredited by Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia in the category of scientific journal of the period of 2018. The certificate was handed in 17 July 2018 in the event of “Sosialisasi Akreditasi Jurnal Ilmiah Nasional/Socialization of National Scientific Journal Accreditation” conducted by Indonesian Institute of Science. It was handed by Director General of Research Strengthening and Development.
This journal utilizes the Garda Rujukan Digital(GARUDA) system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.